Faculty and graduate students outside of Notre Dame may apply as associate applicants to the IRISH Seminar. As an associate, you are expected to attend all lectures, seminars, and cultural enrichment events.
2020 IRISH Seminar Information
Notre Dame Dublin Global Gateway, 58 Merrion Square South, Dublin 2.
€1750 / $2,135 USD (covers tuition only)
Applicants are encouraged to seek funding from their home institutions. Please note: airfare, ground transportation, and accommodation are not included in this fee.
Deadline for applications from outside Notre Dame is 1 May 2020
- Proof of payment of €50 / $61 USD application fee (see below for payment details)
- A one-page statement of purpose explaining your academic background and interest in the Irish Seminar.
- A short biographical description (4 lines)
- An academic resume
- IRISH Seminar Deposit: Payment deadline is 1 May 2020
- IRISH Seminar Program Fee: Payment deadline is 14 May 2020
A limited number of rooms at University College Dublin are available to book for the duration of the seminar (€36.50 per night).
A limited number of tuition fellowships to the value of €1750 are available to students and faculty applying as associates. The fellowship is based on academic merit and is awarded to individuals who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement or potential.
Please note that this fellowship covers tuition only. It does not cover airfare, accommodations in Dublin, nor ground transportation costs.
If you wish to apply for a tuition fellowship, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (in addition to the requirements indicated above):
- An outline of financial need
- A 10-20 page writing sample
- A letter of recommendation
For further information, please contact email@example.com.